Saturday, September 7, 2013

Depravity Is No Excuse

"I delight to do thy will, O my God yea, thy law is within my heart" (Psalm 40:8)

Because of the treachery of the human soul, it is possible to hide behind the fact that all have sinned. There is a kind of universal reaction which becomes an acceptable philosophy; that "if this is what is wrong with everybody, then nobody need worry about it."

Therefore, when I say that no man is a moral wanderer, away from God and still hiding, I do not want you to hide behind that and take comfort in it. I want you to know that it is a very personal thing and that the Holy Spirit never meant to give anyone a sense of comfort in universal depravity.

Actually, the Holy Spirit is saying throughout the Scriptures: "Thou art the man!"

God is calling us with many, many voices, but there is no doubt that He entreats mankind most perfectly in the revealed Word of God.

May Jesus enter into us and clear out and cast away all hindrances of soul and body, to the end that we may be one with Him here upon earth and there in heaven. So help us, God.

~A. W. Tozer~


No comments:

Post a Comment