Thursday, October 24, 2013

Beathing Out and Breathing In

"The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate" (Proverbs 8:13)

Our attachment to the Person of Christ must exclude all that is contrary to Christ. These are the days when we are trying to be 100 percent positive. But the Scripture says of Jesus, "Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: (Psalm 45:7). If He had to hate in order to love, so do you and I.

To be 100 percent positive would be as fatal as to inhale steadily all your life without exhaling. You can't do that.

When the Church inhales the Holy Spirit she must exhale everything that is contrary to Him.

I don't believe any man or woman can love until they are able to hate. I don't think they can love righteousness unless they hate sin; for the Scripture leaves  us with the belief that in order to accept there are some things we must reject. In order to affirm there are the things you have to deny; in order to say "yes" you have to be able to say "no".

Jesus, breathe Thy Spirit on me,
Teach me how to breathe Thee in,
Help me pour into Thy bosom
All my life of self and sin.

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment