Friday, March 21, 2014

As They Are, So He Is

"Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well-pleased: I will put my spirit upon him" (Matthew 12:18)

To the reverent question, "What is God like?" a proper answer will always be, "He is like Christ." For Christ is God, and the Man who walked among men in Palestine was God acting like Himself in the familiar situation where His incarnation placed Him.

To the question, "What is the Spirit like?" the answer must always be, "He is like Christ." For the Spirit is the essence of the Father and the Son. As they are, so is He. As we fell toward Christ and toward our Father who art in heaven, so should we feel toward the Spirit of the Father and the Son.

Holy Father, Holy Son, Holy Spirit -
Three we name Thee;
Though in essence only one,
Undivided God we claim Thee,
And adoring bend the knee
While we sing our praise to Thee. Amen

Somebody pointed out that hymnody took a downward trend when we left the great objective hymns that talked about God and began to sing the gospel songs that talk about us!

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment