Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Sense of the Presence

"When he came down from the mount ... Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him" (Exodus 34:29)

I have met a few of God's saints who appeared to have this holy brightness upon hem, but they did not know it because of their humility and gentleness of spirit. I do not hesitate to confess that my fellowship with them has meant more to me than all of the teaching I have ever received.

I do stand deeply indebted to every Bible teacher I have had through the years, but they did little but instruct my head. The brethren I have known who had this strange and mysterious quality and awareness of God's Person and Presence instructed my heart!

Do we understand what a gracious thing it is to be able to say of a man, a brother in the Lord, "He is truly a man of God"? He doesn't have to tell us that, but he lives quietly and confidently day by day with the with the sense of this mysterious, awe-inspiring Presence that means more than all the glib tongues in the world!

Nothing is necessary for you in maintaining a triumphant Christian life but just to put yourself in where the power is. Come unto God, unite yourself to God, and the doing power you have is infinite! - and none the less yours because it is His.

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment