Saturday, December 14, 2013

Me, Myself and I

"For as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness ... even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness" (Romans 6:19)

True Christianity deals with the human problem of the self-life, with the basic matter of "me, myself and I." The Spirit of God deals with it by an intolerant and final destruction, saying, "This selfish "I" cannot live if God is to be glorified in this human life."

God Himself deals with this aspect of human nature - the sum of all our proud life - and pronounces a stern condemnation upon it, flatly and frankly disapproving of it, fully and completely rejecting it.

And what does God say about it? "I am God alone, and I will have nothing to do with man's selfish ego, in which I find the essence of rebellion and disobedience and unbelief. Man's nature in its pride of self and egotism is anti-God - and sinful, indeed!

He who is not a stranger to the spirit of self-denial, has learned to make his own interest bend to the interest of God's kingdom. It is his great concern that God should be glorified, that His laws should be obeyed, His gospel loved, and the highest interest of His infinitely extended kingdom prevail and triumph.

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment