Monday, December 28, 2015

The Cross and the Eternal Glory # 32

The Urgency and the Way of Spiritual Reality (continued)

He Called You ...to the Obtaining of the Glory of our Lord Jesus Christ (continued)

Yes, but that is only an example of the whole wealth of what is here, that He wants to make real. Do you see that? Suppose God's Word says, "By love serve one another," (Galatians 5:13). You say, 'Oh dear, I do not know much about that.' We ought to say, 'No, but I want to know what that means, Lord, show me how that applies practically in my case.' You know, if we have exercise over that Word, the Holy Spirit will show us the meaning. We can be quite certain He will. If the Lord shows us that we need humbling, then we should go alone and say, 'Lord, I want to humble myself because Your Word says this to me. I trust You to make this true of me.' So the Holy Spirit is all the time not wanting us to read a book and say, 'Is that not beautiful,' but to make the thing an actual happening in us. He is here for that purpose, to make the Word of God an actual fact in our lives.

The Holy Spirit Making Real to Us the Cross in Us, In Order that He May Make Real Christ our Life!

Yes, but there is another thing that the Holy Spirit will make real, and that is the Cross of the Lord Jesus. Yes, the Cross! You see, there is so much about us that is NOT Christ, it is NOT glory. Oh,what a mass of contradictions and selfishness and weaknesses and strengths, everything that is NOT Christ, we are in ourselves.

Now the moment a child of God says, 'Lord, I want You to be glorified, I want all this that is not of Christ, I want it to be dealt with,' The Holy Spirit begins to work, and He brings us into actual experiences one by one, and we go through all sorts of difficult times. But that is the Holy Spirit getting rid of something that is us, to make room for something that is Christ. The Holy Spirit making real the Cross in us, in order that He may make real Christ our Life! Christ our Character! Christ our Glory!

~T. Austin-Sparks~

(continued with # 33)

No comments:

Post a Comment