Friday, August 12, 2016

Worthy Sayings of Great Christians

Worthy Sayings of Great Christians

I don't want the world to define God for me. I want the Holy Spirit to reveal God to me.

~A. W. Tozer~
______________________

To want a thing and then to turn from it because we see that it is contrary to the will of God is to win a great battle on the way to spiritual-mindedness. To bring our desires to the Cross and show them to be nailed there with Christ is a beautiful thing. To be tempted and yet to glorify God in the midst of it is to honor Him where it counts.

~A. W. Tozer~
_________________________

So long as the creature is puffed up with a sense of his own ability to respond to God's requirements, he will never become a begger at the footstool of Divine mercy.

~Arthur Pink~
________________________

I do not want to be comforted from a human standpoint.I do not want anybody down-playing the iniquity in my own heart. I need to allow myself to be broken before God, and out of that brokenness will come God's strength and His presence. The presence of God is what I yearn for each day.

~A. W. Tozer~
_______________________

As I look at the world, I will conform to the ways of the world. If I look at the Word, I will conform to the will of God.

~A. W. Tozer~
______________________

My faith rests not in what I am, or shall be, or feel, or know, but what Christ is, in what He has done and in what He is now doing for me.

~Charles Spurgeon~
______________________

God says "come to Me now" NOT come to me when you have it all together.

~Unknown~
_______________________

I still believe in amazing grace, that there's power in the blood, that He walks with me, and He talks with me, that because He lives I can face tomorrow - all because of the old rugged Cross.

~A. W. Tozer~
_________________________

The best way to keep the enemy out is to keep Christ in.

~A. W. Tozer~
_________________________

There are rare Christians whose very presence incites others to be better Christians. I want to be that rare Christian.

~A. W. Tozer~
________________________

To truly know God we must long for Him without any other motive than reaching God Himself.

~A. W. Tozer~
______________________

satan is not fighting churches; he is joining them. He does more harm by sowing tares than by pulling up wheat.

~A. W. Tozer~
______________________

Whatever keeps me from the Bible is my enemy, however harmless it may be. Whatever engages my attention when I should be meditating on God and things eternal does injury to my soul. Let the cares of life crowd out the Scriptures from my mind and I have suffered loss where I can least afford it.

~A. W. Tozer~



No comments:

Post a Comment