Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Getting Priorities in Order

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!"  (Romans 11:33)

Our Lord knows us very well. Yet He has given us the power of choice. I believe our Lord Jesus, by the Spirit of God, keeps whispering to us, "Watch out! It is very easy to put today's world first and spiritual treasures second - or last!"

We must make our choice in response. What will it be?

I confess that I feel a compulsion to cry out in prayer: "My Lord, I have so many earthly treasures! I must continually give thanks to Thee, my God, for Thy blessings. But I know that I am going to have to leave these tings, to give them all up some day. Therefore, I do deliberately choose to earnestly seek spiritual treasures, putting them above all else. They are the only treasures that will not perish."

He would have us continue to decide for Himself and His kingdom.

In the kingdom of God the surest way to lose something is to try to protect it, and the best way to keep it is to let it go.

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment