Monday, January 13, 2014

The Holy Spirit Is Waiting

"My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me" (Psalm 63:8)

I am reminded that one old saint was asked, "Which is the more important: reading God's Word or praying?" To which he replied, "Which is more important to a bird: the right wing or the left?" The writer to the Hebrews was telling his readers - and telling us - that Christians must believe all there is to be believed. They are to do all that the Word commands them to do. Those two wings take the Christian up to God!

God has purposefully given us a mental capacity with wide human boundaries. Beyond that, if we are justified, regenerated believers, He has given us an entirely new spiritual capacity. God wants us to believe, to think, to meditate, to consider His Word. He has promised that the Holy Spirit is waiting to teach us. He has assured us concerning all of our blessings in Jesus Christ.

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still! Show me Thy glory.

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment