Friday, January 24, 2014

Setting Up A Quota System

"For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake" (2 Corinthians 4:5)

I have thanked God many times for the sweet, winsome ways of the Holy Spirit in dealing with the heart of this untaught lad when I was only seventeen. We had a neighbor by the name of Holman. One day I was walking up the street with this friendly neighbor. Suddenly, he put his hand on my shoulder.

"You know," he said, "I have been wondering about you. I have been wondering if you are a Christian, if you are converted. I just wanted the chance to talk it over with you."

"No, Mr. Holman," I answered, "I am not converted, but I thank you for saying this to me. I am going to give it some serious thought."

Some Christians set up a quota system for their witnessing. I would hate to think that I was Mr. Holman's quota for the day! Witnessing is a matter in which we need the guidance and concern of God through His Holy Spirit.

When seeking to bring the lost to Christ we must pray continually that they may receive the gift of seeing. And we must pit our prayer against that dark spirit who blinds the hearts of men.

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment