Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Majesty, Worship His Majesty

"Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honor and majesty" (Psalm 104:1)

There is neither preacher nor teacher anywhere in the world who can say, "Let me tell you all about God!" God told Moses and Israel, and He tells us, "Always there will be the cloud about Me. Always there will be  a veil covering My person. While you are on My earth, you will sense this obscurity, for I Am who I Am!"

And I can say this from personal experience: After you have known God and walked with Him by faith for fifty years, growing daily in His grace and the knowledge of Him, you will still see  a cloud on Mount Sinai. You will still sense the obscurity. Your mind and your spirit will still bow before Him. Your day of full comprehension is yet to come.

Innate within us is the need to kneel in reverence before something. When God appears to us, and, stunned and overcome, we are bumped to our knees, we have a right start in the life of the Spirit!

in the contemplation of God's majesty, all eloquence is done."

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment