Sunday, January 5, 2014

Revelation - By His Spirit, Through His Word

"With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from they commandments" (Psalm 119:10)

Years ago my family and I enjoyed Christian fellowship with a Jewish medical doctor who had come to personal faith in Jesus, the Saviour and Messiah. He gladly discussed with me his previous participation in Sabbath services in the synagogue.

"I often think back on those years of reading from the Old Testament," he told me.  "I had the haunting sense that it was good and true. I knew it explained the history of my people. But I had the feeling that something was missing." Then, with a beautiful, radiant smile he added, "When I found Jesus as my personal Saviour and Messiah, I found Him to be the One to whom the Old Testament was in fact pointing. I found Him to be the answer to my completion as a Jew, as a person and as a believer."

Whether Jew or Gentile, we were made originally in God's image, and the revelation of God by His Spirit is a necessity. An understanding of the Word of God must come from the same Spirit who provided its inspiration.

The Holy Spirit never comes into a vacuum, but where the Word of God is, there is fuel, and the fire falls.

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment